Thursday, November 24, 2011

happy turkey day...

Day 24: The last and final day! AND WE MADE IT!!! I only missed a few days, but I made them up! Yay me! Today I am thankful for Thanksgiving Day. It's a day to fill your stomach and other people's heart! It was our first Thanksgiving together, and we had some good eatin! We came to Fillmore, which was such a blessing. I love being with my family. And I am pretty sure that Jake likes my family. So, have fun with your family the rest of the night, hopefully your football team won, and don't die tomorrow at Black Friday! Buy something!

So, my dad and I have a tradition that every year after dinner, while we are in our food comas, we play Monopoly. It is usually an on-going game that lasts till at least 7 or 8 that night. We eat dinner around 1. But, this year I WAS CHAMPION!! I beat him within 2 hours. Did I gloat? Yes! Did I give a cheer? Heck yes! Did I beat him at the rest of the games tonight? You know it! Jake wouldn't come near either of us while we were playing. He says we are too competitive. Bull. We aren't just competitive. We are VERY competitive! But in a I-am-going-to-play-every-year-so-I-beat-you-and-gloat-the-whole-rest-of-the-year kind of way. It's fun! So here's to gloating the rest of the year dad! I WON!!!! love you:)

Oh...and...my mom and sister made these adorable turkeys that were to the side of each plate on the table.


The feet and tail is made out of Oreo's. The colored part of the tail, nose, and wings are made out of candy corn, and head is a malt ball, the body is made out of a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup, the eyes are made out of Jet Puff and black sprinkles. I thought they were so stinkin cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment