Wednesday, November 23, 2011

christmas and more...

Day 22: I am grateful for technology. The world has come such a long ways in just the past 10 years. But what I am most thankful for are cars. Without them it would take 10x's longer to get anywhere. Jake and I are leaving for Fillmore today, and I am so grateful that we have a car to take us on the 1 1/2 hour drive. If we didn't, we would most likely freeze to death walking there or trying to get a horse to get us there. Cars are great. So are computers, cell phones, and iPods. They make it possible to talk to my family, blog, and listen to music. Some see them as a burden, which they can be, but in my life, they are a blessing!

Day 23: I am grateful for the Christmas season. This really is the most wonderful time of the year. It is the one time out of the year where people go out of their way to help others. It's beautiful! Who doesn't love the ringing of the bells outside of every store? The Christmas lights that everyone (used) to hang up on their homes? All of the nativity sets? And wonderful homemade cookies and hot chocolate? And the presents under the tree? How can you not love Christmas? We get to reflect on everything that our Savior has done for us. I love reading Luke 2 during the holidays.

Speaking of Christmas, don't you love my new blog background? I'm way to excited for Christmas! Check out The Cutest Blog on the Block to bring a little joy onto your blog.

Jake and I are trying to decorate our home in Christmas decorations, but we've only got a very small start. We'll have to keep Christmas-ing our home. Yes that is a word. Once we get more than one decoration up, I'll post some pictures to let you experience the Barton home at Christmas!


here is our first project! We made it :)

Enjoy your turkey tomorrow! Eat until you can't eat anymore. And tell someone that you are thankful to have them in your life. They need to hear it. So to all of you who actually read my blog, THANK YOU! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

No comments:

Post a Comment