Monday, November 14, 2011

catching up - round 2...

Hopefully I don't get to a round 3. But if I do, please forgive me.

Day 12: I am grateful for books. They open up my imagination and let me enter a different world. I wish I had the talent to make up some awesomely-creative story and get paid for it. Cudo's to those that can. I am grateful for you! I have found that when I am most stressed, reading is the only thing that keeps me sane. And that ain't an easy thing to do... Ask my husband. :) I don't have a specific book that is my ultimate favorite. And I don't stalk any one particular author. (there are a few) :) But here are some books that make my Oh-My-Gosh-I-Could-Read-That-Again list:
  • Harry Potter 1-7
  • The Hunger Games 1-3
  • Twilight Saga
  • Anything written by Traci Hunter Abramson
  • The Secret Journal of Brett Colton
  • The Book of Mormon
  • almost anything that is a romance/mystery novel....LOVE IT!!

the writing says: "You know you've read a good book when you turn the last page and feel as if you've lost a friend." -Paul Sweeney

Day 13: I am grateful that I am married. I am hitched to the most wonderful man on this planet (his day comes later...I haven't forgotten about him....promise). But marriage is such a blessing. I get to spend everyday with the one person I love more than anything. How lucky am I? Out-of-this-world lucky! I am personally the happiest I've been in a very long time...ask my parents. :) Everyone thinks that being single is so much fun, so they are never going to get married... Well have I got news for you. This marriage thing is SO much more fun than single life. I'm lovin' it...like McDonald's chicken nuggets!


pillow talk....where you get to know your spouse

Day 14: I am grateful for the appliances around our house. Examples:
- a microwave: We went without one for about 3 weeks. It was terrible. I never realized how often I use a microwave. It took 3 times longer to defrost meat. We popped popcorn over the stove. And to reheat anything was out of the question.
- a dishwasher: It makes our clean-up go so much faster. I have more time to study and spend time with Jake because I don't have to labor over the sink for hours. It's a beautiful thing!
- the oven: how else would I cook chicken? :)
- a heater/air-conditioning: winter nights get cold, and summers are pretty warm. This keeps me from wanting to jump out our window.
- cable: :) how else could I find new things to cook, or know what's going to happen on the next episode of Once Upon a Time.. I wouldn't survive. Well...I would probably get more done if I didn't have it, but I am NOT going to complain! :)
- so much more: the lights, a sink, the bathroom, a shower(thank heavens for that!), closets, cupboards, table(that is built right into the wall...yes we are that cool), and everything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment