Wednesday, January 25, 2012

catch-up from christmas...

I just realized today that I have never told you how Christmas was. Well it was AWESOME! We spent the 23-25 with Jake's family. The 23rd was a very special day. Jake's sister and her husband and cute little boy were sealed in the St. George Temple. It was amazing to see a sealing. I remember ours, but that day was filled with so much, I don't think I caught everything. So it was so nice to be reminded of the covenants I made with my husband. It was just amazing!


Christmas eve was filled with family. A lot of family. But we ate dang good! Christmas day was fun. I got some really nice things from Jake and his family. Jake got some really nice things too. This day was also filled with an abundance of family! The Barton family is a very family-oriented-in-everything kind of family. It's fun. There is always good food and we laugh a lot. It's really the only reason I go to these "get-together's," the food. :) Calm down...It's not the only reason....they have really good drinks too! Ha. We also took some new Barton Family pictures. :)


 
Jake will take anything over $50. :) I think I'm worth at least $55.

 The 26th, we surprised my mom and sister by showing up in Fillmore. No, my dad wasn't surprised. We had to tell him to make sure they didn't leave that morning to come to Cedar to see us. Even though we had to lie to my mom multiple times, I am pretty sure she forgave us. I hope. If not, sorry mom. We love you!

Fillmore was fun. We went shooting with my dad and sister. Ate some wonderful food. Watched some great movies. (The Help: Watch this movie. It will change your life.) Played some games. You know...the usual. Had fun!

Sadly, we don't have any pictures of our time in Fillmore. I blame my mother for that. :) Love you mom. Someday I will get on the picture taking bandwagon and take pictures of everything I do. Well...not everything. That would be scary.

I hope everyone else had a nice Christmas a month ago. I'm a slacker. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment