Tuesday, October 2, 2012

one year down...

Can you believe it's been a year since I was a twitterpaited bride? I can't! So much has happened since then. Here is a long, boring, and horrific  re-cap of whats happened.

After the wedding, we moved into a cute little one-bedroom apartment. It was the perfect size for us. Until we started unpacking!






We also adopted our first pet in this home. Pete!


Then came Jake's birthday. What an old man, he turns 23 next month! 


Jake's family is big on the hunting aspect of life. So up to the cabin we went. Looking like giant orange pumpkins. Awesome!


We spent Thanksgiving at the Mitchell home last year. All five of us! :) We thought it would be fun to take some more pictures, and this is what we came up with. After Erin yelled at us to stop smiling for at least 15 pictures, which only made it worse, this is the closest we got. Jake almost smiled!


If you've forgotten, let me remind you. Jake tried to sell me last year for Christmas. He said he would take $50. I ain't that cheap! :)


We spent Easter with the whole Barton clan down at Lake Powell. For those of you who are unaware, the water is like -50 degrees in April. Still, Jake dropped me in the lake. It took about 2 days to warm up. But I did come to forgive him.... Later. 


 After realizing that we had too much crap stuff and not enough space, we moved into a bigger place. This time it was a two-bedroom town home. So much nicer!



We could even buy our own washer and dryer. Not that we didn't like traveling to Paragonah every week. This is just so much more convenient! 


We added a new member to the family, and wouldn't trade her for the world. We love our Remey!


Well, there ya go. Our happenings in the last year that were important enough to make it on to the blog. If I missed anything, and you got offended, I'm sorry. But dude, this post is long enough already! 


So now on to the 1 year anniversary trip. Back in July we spent a weekend up in Salt Lake. We hit up the zoo:


I almost got licked by a giraffe. While Jake was taking the picture it pulled it's head back. So we didn't have any evidence that the thing almost tasted my make-up. 

Then we headed over to the temple. I had never seen the conference center before, so we had some sister missionaries give us a tour of it. I was in awe. That place doesn't seem as big as it really is. Sadly, the temple was closed. So I made Jake promise me that he would take me back over Christmas so we could see all the lights, and do a session. 


We also hit up Lagoon, the aquarium, and the planetarium. We had a lot of fun! But besides the amusement parks and places, we ate some really good food as well. Neither of us had been to Rodizio's Grill, so we decided to hit it up. After paying my left arm and our first child, we ate. It was delicious! But definitely one of those places you save up for, or only do on special occasions, like an anniversary, or my 21st birthday. (which is coming up.....cough, cough) Aaaanywho. We had fun. 


This last weekend, which was actually our anniversary, we went up to the cabin to spend some time together. It was just Jake, me, Remey, and the wide open spaces of Horse Valley..? King's Valley? Some Valley. We called for elk, and I heard, for the first time, an elk bugle. So cool! 

I still can't believe that it's been a year. And I'm sure this post feels like it's been going on for more than a year. I apologize. But let me get a little sappy for a moment. A year ago I married my best friend. Some people thought we were crazy because A) we were too young and B) we didn't know each other for very long. I wouldn't change how things happened for anything. I love this kid. We've had our ups and downs, but we have always had each other through all of it. I don't know how I got so lucky to be married to this guy for eternity. He's my best friend. My Gus! :) Love you Jakey, here's to eternity!







1 comment: