Tuesday, May 8, 2012

a lot packed into a little...


Warning: This post is going to have so much packed into it. It may be appallingly long. 

Where to start.

Over Easter weekend, we went to Lake Powell with Jake's family. We made a SPLASH! haha ;)


His whole family was there. We stayed in 5th-wheels. We did some hunting of the easter eggs, roasting of the marshmallows, and swimming in the pools at the Lake Powell Resort because the water was like 40 degrees and the pool was 45. So HUGE difference...


Jake trying to throw me in to the freezing cold water!

...and in we went...


In the car, rocking the seat belts!

Us on the Glen Canyon Dam Bridge.


Then I found out that I didn't get accepted into Weber's Outreach Radiology program. Boo. I've only had a few meltdowns. No big deal. So now I am going to give you too much information about what I'm going to with the rest of my life. I honestly have no idea. But here is the plan: I am going to think about it some more, have a few more meltdowns, and pray like crazy. :)

Jake and I made a move. We upgraded from a cozy little 1-bed/1-bath apartment to a spacious 2-bed/1 1/2-bath. It is SO big! But we love it! We have a little backyard but we had to re-plant the grass, so don't judge our barren lawn.

The Upstairs:
A picture from the back of the house

From the front door


The 1/2 bath

The Kitchen
The Basement:

The Master Bath

The 2nd bedroom

The Master bedroom 

Our semi-grassed backyard. We do have a little bit of new grass. It stands about 1/2 inch tall. But it stands!


My most favorite part! A new washer and dryer!! YAY!! They are the Maytag Bravos XL and we love them. If we didn't have a shower, they would be big enough to wash me! The inside of the washer is HUGE!

See.. This post is super long. I warned you :)

Then we got a huge surprise. We added a new member to the family. She is cute, soft, and likes to bite, play, eat, and poop:) Her name is Remey. She is 9 weeks old and is half Border Collie-half German Shepard.

Her eyes are dark, dark brown and her ears are hilarious. When she looks at you they go to a point up at the top. We will have to get a picture of it!


Our friends, Tj and Cassidie moved back home last week. They had a cute little dog that liked to play with Remey. It was sad when they left. Now Remey has no one to play with. I have no one to play with. Jake has no one to play with.... Pity us. Hopefully, NO, WE WILL play with them this summer! Right? :)

This is Remey and Daisy. [thanks Cassidie for the photo!]


Just this last week Jake and I finished school for the semester! YAY! I now have my Associates Degree and Jake now has his freshman year done. Only 4 more years to go. That's depressing. Now I am working on finding a job. I have been offered a housekeeping job for the Anniversary House Bed & Breakfast. The only thing that is standing in my way for getting the job is whether or not the owner of the B&B likes the way I clean. I clean like a champ, so this is going to be as easy as spraying some Windex on a window! I will know for sure if I have the job by the end of next week. Wish me luck.

This post is now officially over, if you made it all the way to the end, I thank you. If not, well...I don't blame you! :)

4 comments:

  1. You are too cute! I'm sorry about the Radiology thing :( being an adult is no fun sometimes! I'm jealous of your puppy! I'll trade you a bulldog..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks:) being an adult is never fun!! We can switch dogs for a day and you will want your bulldog back..trust me!

      Delete
  2. Yes...we will play for sure this summmer! We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete