Thursday, May 10, 2012

kanarraville falls...

I have always been one that wants to travel. And I don't mean just to Vegas or Disney Land. I want to see the world. Paris. London. Egypt. Brazil. Africa. Rome. The list goes on and on. But I read a quote somewhere at some point in time, that said something to the effect of stop wishing to go to the other side of the world and take a look in your own backyard. And since I haven't been to Zion's since I was like knee-high to a grasshopper, (mom) Jake and I have made it a goal to go hike some of Zion's this summer.

So yesterday, Jake had a day off. Since it was such a beautiful day, we went hiking. Neither of us had ever been on the Kanarraville Falls hike so we took a jaunt that way. It was wonderful! I couldn't believe that I had never been on this hike before. It was literally a 20 minute drive from where we live. Where have I been my whole life? Hiding under a rock? I think so.

To start things off though, we get there and find out that there is a $10 parking fee! 10 dollars! Lake Powell doesn't even cost that much. Well... it might, but who's counting? Anyways, after we got over the fact that we had to pay an arm and half of Jake's leg, we set off on our hike.

The scenery this time of year was amazing! 

The trees were vibrant green and the red rock was so gorgeous.

Just the beginning of getting wet:)

This is how wet I got, but Jake got a lot more wet than me.

I told Jake to take his shirt off, but he wouldn't listen to me:) haha isn't he sexy?! :) I think the farmers tan makes the picture.

There is a point among the hike where you go through slot canyons. It is amazing!

Yes, we climbed that ladder. 

So beautiful!

Another waterfall that we hiked up to and then decided not to go any further, because we were already soaking wet, and to get up it, you had to climb through the waterfall. We had also been hiking for about 3ish hours. We were getting tired and hot and hungry. So maybe next time we can make it over that and see what's on the other side. Over the waterfall. I almost broke out in song singing Some Where Over the Rainbow. Thankfully I didn't :)

No comments:

Post a Comment