Saturday, March 24, 2012

now for some r&r...

Over spring break we did ABSOLUTELY nothing! Jake worked all week and I stayed home a cleaned the house. We had a delightfully clean home for that week. I did do one other thing than cleaning. I finally did/completed/hung up a pinterest project. I know... I finally broke the barrier and did something other than sit on my computer for hours at a time looking up projects I wish I would do. I am proud of myself. 

The Pinterest Spring Project

Inspiration:  this site. My mom got me a letter 'B' with some twine, ribbon, and fabric for my birthday. [Yes my birthday was over a month ago and I just barely finished this project.] 


After wrapping and unwrapping the 'B' five different ways I finally found the way I liked. Now the hard part came, gluing down all the twine without making a mess. Which if you know me, that is an impossible task for me. I make messes. It was wrapped and glued now on to the fabric flowers, which were super simple. I followed these directions and had three little flowers in under 10 minutes! Then I tied and glued the ribbon and here is what I came up with!

The Finished Project:
YAY!!! :) It's not perfect. But it's my first "big" project. 


This week Jake and I have been cleaning a house for a reality company. They told us that they would pay us to clean and paint a basement house. It took us about 10 hours total between the two of us. It was a pain! The sad part is that it is only a 2-bed/1-bath. That's how dirty and horrible it was! It looks like new now. But we are sure glad to be done with it. 

2 comments:

  1. Fun! This is so cute! we should do projects together to stay motivated haha. I need a new project and we can share ideas, I need someone to do crafty things with!

    ReplyDelete